Thursday, December 29, 2011

and a partridge in a pear tree.

I have not posted since before thanksgiving. SHAME on me.

Listen, i won't bore you with the details of thanksgiving and christmas. I'll just put it to you this way:

food, shopping, stressing, spinning, stressing, shopping, wrapping, spinning, wrapping, spinning, shopping, stressing, cleaning, spinning, presents, food, presents, food, presents, food, spinning, standing on scale, crying, spinning.

Note: there was no sleeping.

And here we are, just a few days before 2012! Gosh. the year has just flown, let me give you a recap of events:

Our wedding, astoria, bridal shower, bridal shower, bridal shower, bridal shower, bridal shower, bachelorette party, bachelorette party, bachelorette party, weddings, weddings, new jobs, weddings, babies, weddings, weddings, babies, weddings, babies, thanksgiving, christmas.

Now here are some philosophical thoughts.

I have a resolution, i am not going to share it, but I've seen a lot happen over the last few years of my life and i realize that life is not worth living without goals. A goal that really means something to you. Setting the bar for yourself, high enough to reach of course, but with a challenge.

I haven't always been ambitious. I was a shy, timid, quiet kid who has a million talents that are just going to waste.

I've got speed now, like you know, pedaling uphill and you hit your stride and you're going faster than you ever thought you could with all the resitance against you? and I've got ambition. I have to thank my wife for this. She has tried to push my bike uphill for years.

She reached a personal goal this morning and i couldn't be happier for her. And she worked hard. beyond hard. and it didn't happen overnight, but it certainly was worth the wait.

I'm not thrilled that i got philosophical, cause its just plain cheesy, on the brink of 2012, but i just had to be me. I had to say it all because it was on my mind.

Now, go find something to live for - set a goal - GO!